Cutalltheshit.com referral spam is designed to mix fraudulent referral traffic and data in your Google Analytics reports. Spammers do this in order to provoke you to visit the eye-catching website. If your Google Analytics account and website has been targeted by cutalltheshit.com referral spam you will notice unusual cutalltheshit.com referral traffic and organic traffic in your Analytics reports. This is a type of web spam known as referrer spam.
Cutalltheshit.com referral traffic does not actually land on your website as it may appear to do in your reports. This type of website traffic is known as ghost traffic. Ghost traffic targets your Google Analytics account and fills your reports with referral and organic data. Cutalltheshit.com referral traffic may also appear land on your website at a nonexistent path on your website such as: /?from=http://cutalltheshit.com/ and other locations.
The good thing is that cutalltheshit.com referral traffic cannot harm your website or your website’s rank in Google search results pages. However, it can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. In some cases, referrer spam from bots and crawlers can use your bandwidth and create backlinks in your website’s access logs, but this is not the case with cutalltheshit.com referral traffic since it utilizes ghost traffic to create faux data in your analytical reports.
Cutalltheshit.com referral traffic can be a bad thing for people who value their website’s appropriate data. If value your website’s ‘real’ data you will want to block cutalltheshit.com referral spam from mixing into your website’s analytical data before it gets out-of-control. For example, the cutalltheshit.com referral typically “lands” on a single webpage on your website and leave your website from the same webpage. This creates a 100% bounce rate and if this happens multiple times per day it can be catastrophic for your real bounce rate. This is not the only data affected by cutalltheshit.com referral spam. Data that this domain name and referrer spam from other spam URLs such as website-analyzer.info can affect includes pretty much every detail measured in Google Analytics Audience, Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversions reports.
Cutalltheshit.com referrer spammers and referrer spammers in general target the referral traffic of your website for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Block cutalltheshit.com referral traffic in Google Analytics
This guide shows you how to block cutalltheshit.com referrals in Google Analytics with a filter that stops cutalltheshit.com referrer spam at the campaign source.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab and click All Filters.
2. Click the ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add cutalltheshit.com or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add cutalltheshit.com and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | cutalltheshit.com