If you notice ads by BetterBrowse (also searched for as BetterBrowse virus and Better Browse) your computer is infected with adware. Fortunately, BetterBrowse has a very high detection rate and reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect and remove it. However, BetterBrowse can also be the sign of a serious computer infection because it rarely installs as a standalone object. The adware is known to frequently bundle with other unwanted programs, adware, browser hijackers, malware, and malicious files. This is why the professional internet security industry and malware analysts strongly recommend to remove BetterBrowse if you find that your PC has contracted the adware.
BetterBrowse adware injects the webpages you visit with deceptive and targeted style advertisements that usually say something like Ads by BetterBrowse, BetterBrowse Ads, or brought by BetterBrowse on them. The advertisements are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because in order to generate they will initially need to obtain access to and collect personal browsing data, including information about all the websites you visit, the things you search for online, text you input into online text fields, your browser history, and browser bookmarks. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off of your current and past browsing habits and manufactures advertisements it feels you will most likely click on.
This program is often referred to as the BetterBrowse virus, but it is not technically defined as a computer virus. Even though the “BetterBrowse virus” is not actually a computer virus it is still very similar to a computer virus and is a threat to your privacy. As previously stated it can also be the sign of a severe malware infection, as well as a computer virus issue.
BetterBrowse and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. BetterBrowse is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that BetterBrowse adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
How to remove BetterBrowse (Virus Removal Guide)
This comprehensive BetterBrowse removal guide will help you remove BetterBrowse virus from your PC and get rid of ads by BetterBrowse.
- How to uninstall BetterBrowse
- How to remove BetterBrowse virus with Malwarebytes
- For Tech Support: Call 1-888-986-8411
How to uninstall BetterBrowse
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
4. Search for BetterBrowse in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click BetterBrowse to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find BetterBrowse in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BetterBrowse extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the BetterBrowse add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the BetterBrowse extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove BetterBrowse virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “BetterBrowse” removal tool[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing BetterBrowse we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove BetterBrowse.[/note]
BetterBrowse virus removal tips
- If you do not find BetterBrowse in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing BetterBrowse you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411