BestPriceNinja is adware and a potentially unwanted program that displays advertisements across multiple web browsers. Various Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs will detect and remove this adware. Malwarebytes detects BestPriceNinja as PUP.Optional.BestPriceNinja.
Users may be unaware that BestPriceNinja has infected their computers. This adware uses stealth methods to obtain access to computers it infects and conceal its location once installed. Depending on the distribution method of this adware it may bundle with third-party objects including freeware and dubious torrent files.
BestPriceNinja Distribution Method
Our test machine was able to location one method of infection. An advertisement promoting a fake media player update was used to install a third-party FlashVideoPlayer. The download manager for the fake media player gave us an option to accept or decline an offer to install an untrustworthy version of Google’s open source software known as Chromium. The Chromium browser we installed was distributed by a party who chose to include adware with the installation. Once we voluntarily installed Chromium browser the adware installed in the background without our permission or knowledge. We were able to locate 2 trace files of this adware found at C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_pstatic.bestpriceninja.com_0.localstorage and C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\https_pstatic.bestpriceninja.com_0.localstorage-journal. These files were used to generate various advertisements across Chromium browser. Along with this adware were other unwanted programs, adware, and malware such as Right Coupon and Linkury.
Malware researcheers have been able to conclude that BestPriceNinja adware is spread via third-party objects; usually without permission from the user. It may be promoted in advertisements on malicious websites or bundled inside freeware download managers and download managers for dubious media players, updates, codecs, games, and more.
|Name||PUP.Optional.BestPriceNinja, BestPriceNinja, BestPriceNinja virus|
|Detection Categories||Adware, Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP)|
|Symptoms||Advertisements in the web browser
Browser redirects to sponsored webpages
Decreased internet speed and performance
Decreased computer functionality and performance
Bundles with malware and other potentially unwanted programs
|Common Path(s)||C:\Program Files (x86)
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Chromium\User Data\Default\Local Storage\
|Quick Detection & Removal Tool||Click Here To Download Malwarebytes|
BestPriceNinja Removal Instructions
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall BestPriceNinja and unwanted programs
- Remove BestPriceNinja extension
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
The first step to remove this adware is to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. When the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
The second step to remove this adware is to download and install a second opinion scanner called HitmanPro by Surfright in order to perform a full system scan for malicious files.
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. When the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall BestPriceNinja and unwanted programs
The third step to remove this adware is to uninstall BestPriceNinja and other unwanted programs in Windows Control Panel.
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for BestPriceNinja Supporting Application in the list and double click it.
4. Once you have uninstalled BestPriceNinja, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove BestPriceNinja extension
The fourth step to remove this adware is to remove unwanted browser add-ons and extensions from Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BestPriceNinja extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the BestPriceNinja add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the BestPriceNinja add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the BestPriceNinja extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
The fifth step to remove this adware is to download and install CCleaner by Piriform in order to delete leftover junk files, tracking cookies, registry entries, unwanted start-up tasks, and more.
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.