BaselineTV Media Manager (Virus Removal Guide)
BaselineTV Media Manager (also searched for as BaselineTV Media Manager virus, BaselineTV virus, BaselineTVMediaManager) is a very deceptive and intrusive adware type program and browser extension that you don’t want to find on your computer. This program is known to infiltrate your PC and internet browsers that it affects without your knowledge. It usually automatically downloads and installs in the background and once the adware has been installed it will inject the webpages you visit with pop-up advertisements that often say “Ads by BaselineTV Media Manager” or “brought by BaselineTV Media Manager” on them.
What is BaselineTV Media Manager?
BaselineTV Media Manager is promoted as a free media player and file manager that allows you to watch streaming television, watch multiple video files, and listen to audio on your computer.
BaselineTV Media Manager adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Ads by BaselineTV Media Manager are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
BaselineTV Media Manager adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove BaselineTV Media Manager if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did BaselineTV Media Manager get on my computer?
BaselineTV Media Manager and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. BaselineTV Media Manager is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that BaselineTV Media Manager adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”BaselineTV Media Manager overview”]
- BaselineTV Media Manager bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- BaselineTV Media Manager is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- BaselineTV Media Manager injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- BaselineTV Media Manager makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove BaselineTV Media Manager virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove BaselineTV Media Manager virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove BaselineTV Media Manager
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove BaselineTV Media Manager virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “BaselineTV Media Manager” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing BaselineTV Media Manager we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove BaselineTV Media Manager.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove BaselineTV Media Manager
How to uninstall BaselineTV Media Manager
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for BaselineTV Media Manager in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click BaselineTV Media Manager to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find BaselineTV Media Manager in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove BaselineTV Media Manager below.[/note]
How to remove BaselineTV Media Manager add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the BaselineTV Media Manager extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the BaselineTV Media Manager add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the BaselineTV Media Manager extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find BaselineTV Media Manager in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove BaselineTV Media Manager below.[/note]
BaselineTV Media Manager virus removal tips
- If you do not find BaselineTV Media Manager in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing BaselineTV Media Manager you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411