How to remove Atajositios Search (Virus Removal Guide)
This Atajositios Search removal guide will help you remove Atajositios Search virus. Stop browser redirects to atajitos.com and search.atajitos.com and get rid of pop-up ads on Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
What is Atajositios Search?
Atajositios Search is a questionable search engine classified as a browser hijacker known to transform corrupt internet browser settings of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Once contracted, internet users will begin to notice browser redirects to atajitos.com, searchatajitos.com, and other webpages.
Atajitos.com utilizes potentially unwanted programs (PUPs), including browser helper objects (BHOs), browser add-ons, and browser extensions to obtain permissions allowing them to access and manipulate existing internet browser settings. This will cause the homepage and provided search engines, as well as browser themes, bookmarks, and targeted shortcuts of affected browsers to drastically change.
Several malware analyst also conclude that browser hijackers associated with this website and programs used to promote it may act as a standalone advertising platform or bundle with third-party items, including adware that accesses a user’s browsing activities and history in order to display advertisements based off the collected data.
The most common symptoms of the Atajositios Search virus (although not technically a computer virus) are unwanted browser start-ups and redirects to Atajositios Search, sponsored links on third-party websites, and pop-up advertisements that appear while users browse the internet.
How to remove Atajositios Search
1. Automatic Removal Guide
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
CCleaner by Piriform
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings, system startup up settings, and uninstall unwanted software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found. You may find items such as Bit Toolbar installed that will need to be deleted.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted software, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manual Removal Guide
How to uninstall Atajositios Search
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Atajositios Search and other potentially unwanted software. Once the program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. Continue to uninstall any programs that this item may have bundled with.
How to remove Atajositios Search add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Atajositios extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Atajositios add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Atajositios add-on and remove it if located.
How to remove Atajositios search engine
- In Mozilla Firefox, click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field) and click “Manage Search Engines…”. Remove the Atajositios search engine from the list of search providers by highlighting the selections and clicking remove.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools > Manage Add Ons > Search Providers and remove the Atajositios search engine from the list.
- In Google Chrome, click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings > Manage search engines… click the X next to the Atajositios search engine to remove it.
How to remove Aatajitos.com homepage
- In Mozilla Firefox navigate to Tools > Options or click Firefox in the top left corner and click Options > Options. Under the General tab remove atajitos.com from the “Home Page:” field and replace it with your preferred home page URL.
- In Microsoft Internet Explorer navigate to Tools >Internet Options. Remove atajitos.com from the Home Page field and replace it with your preferred URL.
- In Google Chrome click the customize icon (wrench or 3 bars) and navigate to Settings.Click “Set pages” under the On startup option. Remove atajitos.com and replace it with your preferred homepage URL.