How to remove Asterope Locker (Virus Removal Guide)
The Asterope Locker virus is ransomware, a form of malware and a computer encryption virus that potentially takes control of a computer system or other devices, restricts access to the operating system, and encrypts personal documents and files on the computer system or other device.
The Asterope Locker virus displays takes control of a computer system and displays a message that says something similar to “Windows locked! Your ID is XXX” or something alike “30gb of personal documents and files on this computer or device have just been encrypted. Encrypted mean s you will not be able to access your files anymore, until they are decrypted. Your original files have been deleted, these can be recovered as described below. Click on “View encrypted files” to see a list of files that got encrypted.”
The rest of the message displayed by the Asterope Locker ransomware page or window states that “encryption was done with a unique generated encryption key (using AES-128). The only way to decrypt your files, is to obtain your private key and IV.”
This message is designed to get users to purchase a unique key in order to decrypt their personal files. Some versions of the virus may threaten this as a fine directed from a legitimate establishment like the FBI virus.
- Here is a complete list of files that can be encrypted by Asterope ransomware:
.odt, .ods, .odp, .odm, .odc, .odb, .doc, .docx, .docm, .wps, .xls, .xlsx, .xlsm, .xlsb, .xlk, .ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .mdb, .accdb, .pst, .dwg, .dxf, .dxg, .wpd, .rtf, .wb2, .mdf, .dbf, .psd, .pdd, .pdf, .eps, .ai, .indd, .cdr, .dng, .3fr, .arw, .srf, .sr2, .mp3, .bay, .crw, .cr2,.dcr, .kdc, .erf, .mef, .mrw, .nef, .nrw, .orf, .raf, .raw, .rwl, .rw2, .r3d, .ptx, .pef, .srw, .x3f, .lnk, .der, .cer, .crt, .pem, .pfx,.p12, .p7b, .p7c, .jpg, .png, .jfif, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp, .exif, .txt
How does Asterope Locker get onto a computer?
Most security analysts claim that the Asterope Locker virus spreads utilizing common distribution methods, such as malicious spam email messages, malicious advertisements, malicious downloads, and more. This infection can also spread via social media content, including Facebook messages and posts.
How to remove Asterope Locker virus
- Asterope Locker removal software (Automatic removal) – Detect and remove Asterope Locker ransomware
- System Restore – Restore PC to date and time before the Asterope Locker malware infection
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-879-0084 and they will kindly assist you with removing the Asterope Locker computer infection
1. Asterope Locker virus removal software
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program. *Malwarebytes may automatically begin to update and scan your computer at this point.
4. Once the Malwarebytes program has been open, if a scan has not initiated, please click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to initiate a scan. Before the scan is started Malwarebytes may ask to update the software, make sure to do so if prompted to.
5. Once the scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button to remove the files.
6. You may also chose to visit the History tab and click Delete All to remove these files from the Quarantine log, although these files no longer prove a threat.
2. System Restore
A System Restore is an easy solution to restore an infected computer to a date and time before it became infected with the Asterope Locker computer virus. To learn more please select a link below:
Asterope Locker virus removal tips:
If the Asterope Locker virus is difficult to remove there are several steps you can use to troubleshoot the removal process:
Ransomware often infects 1 user account on Windows systems at a time. Here are some tips to remove ransomware by using different user accounts.
- Log into an account not affected by malware (with administrative rights) and perform a scan with reputable software to detect and remove malware.
- You can also delete the infected account.
- Other options include creating a new user account to remove malware if only 1 Window’s user account is present on the computer system.
Some variants of ransomware use flash and symptoms of the infection can be halted by denying flash via Macromedia’s real-time options. To learn more and deny flash please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html
Troubleshoot internet/network issues
Safe Mode With Networking can be used to access the Internet for updates, drivers, removal software, or other files if internet and network connectivity is compromised.