How to remove ArcadeHall (Virus Removal Guide)
ArcadeHall (also found as ArcadeHall virus, Arcade Hall) is a questionable gaming platform that most security products detect as adware. ArcadeHall is known to enter a computer system and internet browsers that it affects without your consent or knowledge. Once ArcadeHall adware has been introduced to your computer the adware will access and gather your personal user browsing data, modify existing internet browser settings (including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and will ultimately inject the webpages you visit with ‘targeted’ pop-up advertisements, as well as cause browser redirects to sponsored web pages when you open a new browser window, open a new browser tab, or search the web using the address bar.
ArcadeHall adware generates deceptive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The ads it displays are known as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your browsing information such as your browser history and bookmarks to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
ArcadeHall adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove ArcadeHall if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is ArcadeHall?
[fancy_box title=”ArcadeHall overview”]
- ArcadeHall bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- ArcadeHall is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- ArcadeHall injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- ArcadeHall makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove ArcadeHall (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove ArcadeHall with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove ArcadeHall
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove ArcadeHall with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “ArcadeHall” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing ArcadeHall we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove ArcadeHall.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove ArcadeHall
How to uninstall ArcadeHall
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for ArcadeHall in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click ArcadeHall to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ArcadeHall in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove ArcadeHall below.[/note]
How to remove ArcadeHall add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the ArcadeHall extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the ArcadeHall add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the ArcadeHall extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find ArcadeHall in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove ArcadeHall below.[/note]
Tips to remove ArcadeHall
- If you do not find ArcadeHall in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing ArcadeHall you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411