What is Aputimes.com?
Aputimes.com is a phishing website involved in severe cyber crime, including credit theft and extortion. Aputimes.com was designed to trick visitors to disclose information including usernames and passwords for email and bank accounts such as hotmail.com, live.com. and gmail.com.
Aputimes.com is not safe.
- Aputimes.com is connected to many email accounts involved in email phishing attacks.
- Aputimes.com uses social engineering to appear as a legitimate website such as Windows Live Hotmail in order to scam victims into providing their information, which is then used in severe forms of criminal activities.
Google: Reported Phishing Site
Attempting to visit the aputimes.com domain name while using Google Chrome will prompt the further message concerning phishing:
Reported Phishing Website Ahead! Google Chrome has blocked access to blog.aputimes.com. This website has been reported as a phishing website.
How to deal with Aputimes.com
- Always check the current internet address when submitting information online. Aputimes disguises as legitimate websites with realistic looking login forms in order to trick unsuspecting victims.
- Most internet browsers, browser attachments, and hosts files will automatically block access to aputimes.com and associated websites.
- If you suspect your computer may be infected with malware, it is recommended to run a full system scan with reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software.