How to remove Application Nation (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Application Nation (Virus Removal Guide)
Application Nation (also searched for as Application Nation virus or ApplicationNation) is adware that is known to infiltrate a computer system and the internet browsers it affects without your consent or knowledge. Application Nation adware usually enters a machine alongside other unwanted programs and malware. Once installed, it will access and gather user browsing data, transform existing internet browser settings (including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and will ultimately inject the webpages you visit with ‘targeted’ pop-up advertisements.
Application Nation adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Application Nation ads are known as ‘targeted’ ads because they must access and use your personal browsing information (such as your browser history and bookmarks) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits, hence the term.
Application Nation adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a serious threat to your privacy and if it is on your computer it can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Application Nation if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is Application Nation?
Application Nation is usually promoted as a web s hopping utility that can help you find online deals and coupons relative to the content you are viewing or have viewed online.
How did Application Nation get on my computer?
Application Nation and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Application Nation adware is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Application Nation adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Application Nation overview”]
- Application Nation bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Application Nation is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Application Nation injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Application Nation makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove Application Nation virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove Application Nation virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Application Nation
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove Application Nation virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “Application Nation” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Application Nation we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below to manually remove any existing pieces of software and view our additional tips to remove Application Nation at the bottom of this page.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Application Nation
How to uninstall Application Nation
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Application Nation in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Application Nation to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Application Nation in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Application Nation below.[/note]
How to remove Application Nation add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Application Nation extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Application Nation add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Application Nation extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Application Nation in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Application Nation below.[/note]
Application Nation (Removal Tips)
- If you do not find Application Nation in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Application Nation you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411