How to remove AntiVirus Pro 2017 (Virus Removal Guide)
AntiVirus Pro 2017 (AntiVirus Pro 2017 virus) is a dangerous rogue Windows anti-spyware program that displays false scan results and fake security alerts. AntiVirus Pro 2017 is designed to prevent you from running any programs on your computer. Once installed it will perform a fake Full PC scan and will display fake scan results that will claim the computer is infected with non-existent malware. The fake AntiVirus Pro 2017 program will then claim that the computer can only be fixed if the computer owner purchases full time protection.
AntiVirus Pro 2017 is purely designed to scare victims into thinking that their computer is severely infected so that the user will purchase the program. Therefore, do not purchase AntiVirus Pro 2017 for any reason, and if you already have, it is strongly recommended to contact your credit card company and state that the program is a computer infection and a scam and that you would like to dispute the charge.
AntiVirus Pro 2017 is usually promoted through fake online antimalware scanners, deceptive advertisements, torrent files, and as a program required to view online videos.
[fancy_box title=”AntiVirus Pro 2017 overview”]
- AntiVirus Pro 2017 bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and possible malware.
- AntiVirus Pro 2017 can arrive on a computer system packed inside installers and downloaders from websites such as download.com, Softonic, torrent websites, online streaming video websites, and others.
- AntiVirus Pro 2017 injects visited webpages with pop-up, pop-under, in-text, and in-image advertisements.
- AntiVirus Pro 2017 makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks allowing it to run every time Windows starts and to check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has previously been disabled it will enable itself to run.
How to remove AntiVirus Pro 2017 virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall AntiVirus Pro 2017 from Windows
- Step 3: Remove AntiVirus Pro 2017 virus with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner by Piriform
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-986-8411
Step 1: Remove unwanted extensions
We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon on the top menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. Search for unwanted add-ons on the Extensions and Plugin tab. Highlight each one individually and click remove.
1. Click Safari and go to Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for unwanted extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Step 2: Uninstall AntiVirus Pro 2017 from Windows
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. Search for AntiVirus Pro 2017 and other unwanted programs in the list of installed programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the item or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button. If you can not find this program in the list of installed program please see steps 3 and 4 below.
Step 3: Remove AntiVirus Pro 2017 virus with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install the free or full edition of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full edition of this program enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is only a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the Scan Now button or go to the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. When the malware scan is complete you will notice a list of files it has detected. Click the Remove Selected button, then click Finish, and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Download and install the free or full edition of CCleaner by Piriform.Download CCleaner Free Buy Professional Now
2. Open the program and go to Cleaner and click the Analyze button. After files and have been analyzed, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Registry and click Scan for Issues. When the scan is complete click Fix selected issues… and then click the Fix All Selected Issues button.
4. Go to to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from Windows, Internet Explorer, all the way to Context Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Delete once anything suspicious is found to remove it.