How to remove Anti VirusService (Virus Removal Guide)
- Option 1: Automatically remove Anti VirusService virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Anti VirusService
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Anti VirusService (also searched for as Anti VirusService virus, Anti Virus Service) is a potentially unwanted program and application associated with the rogue Malware Protection Live program. Once installed it will create a folder called Anti VirusService at this path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anti Virus Service.
Anti VirusService is not a program, process, or folder you want to find on your computer. It’s a rogue program and it bundles with other unwanted programs and malware. If you find Anti VirusService installed or created on your computer you may fall victim to various symptoms related to adware and spyware. Programs and other objects that bundle with Anti VirusService also introduce additional threats once they have been contracted.
Anti VirusService is promoted as a free anti-malware engine for your PC. It claims to leverage cloud based threat detection and daily definition updates to protect you from malware and potentially unwanted programs. Anti VirusService was promoted and introduced to us through illegal media files.
Anti VirusService and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Anti VirusService is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Anti VirusService adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”Anti VirusService overview”]
- Anti VirusService bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Anti VirusService is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- Anti VirusService is a program or a process associated with rogue software. If you find a process running titled “Anti VirusService” it means that your computer has contracted a rogue computer program.
- Anti VirusService makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings (such as Windows registry) and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program has been disabled it will enable itself to run.
Option 1: Automatically remove Anti VirusService virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Anti VirusService” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Anti VirusService we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Anti VirusService
How to uninstall Anti VirusService
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Anti VirusService in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Anti VirusService to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Anti VirusService in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Anti VirusService below.[/note]
How to remove Anti VirusService add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Anti VirusService extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Anti VirusService add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Anti VirusService extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Anti VirusService in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Anti VirusService below.[/note]
Anti VirusService virus removal tips
- If you do not find Anti VirusService in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Anti VirusService you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
[frame_box] For Tech Support Call: