How to remove Aero SWF.max (Virus Removal Guide)
Aero SWF.max (also known as SWW.max Flash Player by.max) is an alternative flash player for Microsoft Windows operating systems. Aero SWF.max is available as a free trial or full edition that costs $9.95 USD. Security analysts and users of the product have mixed reviews about Aero SWF.max. Some Antivirus and Anti-Malware products will detect SWF.max as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) because it is known to infiltrate a computer system without user knowledge or by use of possibly deceptive marketing tactics. Others claim that Aero SWF.max may be entirely ad-supported or supported by dubious advertisements and third-party installers.
We have found that Aero SWF.max downloaded to our machine without our consent. The product was brought to our attention by a website Google has listed as malicious. We expected to receive a program titled SweetPlayer with bundled adware and a browser extension relative to online media as promised by the advertisement on the webpage, but instead Aero SWF.max Flash Player was downloaded and installed by itself.
We have also found that the program displays a very large amount of pop-up messages on Windows Desktop that attempt to persuade users to purchase the product.
We can not certainly comment on the legitimacy of the product, but we can tell you that if Aero SWF.max installed onto your computer without your consent it is likely that additional potentially unwanted programs or malware may be present on your machine. This product is also promoted by dubious advertisements and freeware that may have no association to the publisher aside from being an affiliate that generates commission each time they get people to install SWF.max. Furthermore, websites that promote this product are flagged and blocked by Google and the Chromium browser.
To make matters worse, we had difficulties manually uninstalling this program and was forced to access the directory folder to use the uninstall.exe file.
How to remove Aero SWF.max Flash Player
- Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Step 2: Uninstall Aero SWF.max
- Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
- Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
- For Tech Support Call: 1-888-879-0084
Step 1: Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click on the Customize icon on the menu and navigate to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension and other suspicious extensions in the list. Remove unwanted browser extensions individually by clicking the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the unwanted add-on and other suspicious add-ons and remove them if located.
Step 2: Uninstall Aero SWF.max
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. On Windows Control Panel, click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program in the Programs section.
3. In the list of installed programs, search for SWF.max and other unwanted programs. Once an unwanted program is located, double click the unwanted program or select it with your mouse and click the Uninstall button.
4. Restart your computer.
Step 3: Scan your computer for malware
1. Download and install the free or full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. The full version enables real-time protection to block malware and unwanted programs from infecting your computer, while the free version is just a free scan and removal tool.
2. Open the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
3. Click the large Scan Now button or visit the “Scan” tab to manually run a scan.
4. Once the malware scan is complete, click the Quarantine All button and reboot your computer.
Step 4: Cleanup and repair settings
1. Download and install the free or full version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall unwanted programs using CCleaner, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for the program in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.