How to remove Advanced PC Care (Virus Removal Guide)
How to remove Advanced PC Care (Virus Removal Guide)
- Option 1: Automatically remove Advanced PC Care virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove Advanced PC Care
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
What is Advanced PC Care?
Advanced PC Care by Advancedpccare.com is self-promoted as “a state of the art technology. It was coded by industry experts with a combined industry experience of 32 years. Designed and tested with utmost care to keep your PCs running smooth fast and error free.”
Advanced PC Care is not a computer virus but it is a very misleading and questionable program that utilizes very aggressive marketing tactics to get internet users to download and install it, as well as purchase the full edition of Advanced PC Care (or Advanced PC Care Pro) once the program has been introduced to a computer.
Once installed the program will begin to perform a scan for Malware and PUPs, as well as other threats, system performance issues, system and user software issues, and setup/uninstall and other user issues.
The Advanced PC Care scan will always result in a VERY HIGH amount of issues found. A detailed analysis of the issues found by Advanced PC Care have concluded that the program will detect images on your computer as being a threat or issue. Images will be included as the total amount of issues found on your computer.
Once a scan has been completed, if you click the Start Repair button you will be directed to a webpage to purchase the full program for $39.99 a year. If you attempt to close the browser window you will be presented with a pop-up advertisement offer to buy the program for cheaper that first stated and browser notification that asks if you want to leave the page.
Third-party software bundlers and download managers might package Advanced PC Care alongside potentially unwanted programs, adware, and malware. This means that if you find Advanced PC Care on your computer without your consent it is likely that other objects have been contracted and should be removed to protect your privacy.
[fancy_box title=”Advanced PC Care overview”]
- Advanced PC Care scans may be misleading. The program uses things like your images to boost the amount of alleged issues it finds on your computer in order to frighten you into feeling it is necessary to purchase the full version.
- Advanced PC Care does not fix issues it finds on your computer for free. This program is purely a scanner.
- Advanced PC Care is difficult and confusing to close.
- Once Advanced PC Care is closed it will still remain enabled in the background which uses up system resources. The easiest way to exit Advanced PC Care is to right click the icon on your taskbar / traybar menu and click Exit.
Option 1: Automatically remove Advanced PC Care virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software to remove Advanced PC Care and potential threats that may have been introduced with it.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “Advanced PC Care” removal tool[/button]
3. Open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure the program is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing Advanced PC Care we suggest that use a second opinion scanner and removal tool such as HitmanPro to locate and remove any malicious files that may be present.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove Advanced PC Care
How to uninstall Advanced PC Care
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Advanced PC Care by Advancedpccare.com in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click Advanced PC Care by Advancedpccare.com to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Advanced PC Care in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove Advanced PC Care below.[/note]
How to remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
Advanced PC Care virus removal tips
- If you do not find Advanced PC Care in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing Advanced PC Care you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- For Tech Support Call: 1-866-521-2427