One of the latest referrer spam URLs we recently discovered is adtiger.tk. Adtiger.tk referral traffic is designed to target Google Analytics accounts around the world and fill them with fraudulent web data. One a Google Analytics user notices adtiger.tk referrals in their website’s data they may be provoked to visit the website and sign up for the services.
It may appear as if someone visited your website from adtiger.tk. However, the adtiger.tk referrer is fake. It did not actually land on your server. It is a type of web traffic known as ghost traffic that simply sets aim at Google Analytics accounts and fills your account with faux data.
The reason why adtiger.tk is spamming your website’s Google Analytics data is to get your attention and persuade you to visit the URL in your browser. The URL is promoting the website which contains an ad-serving program. The website wants you to contact them for more information.
We do not recommend to trust known spammers and websites that engage in referrer spam. Referrer spam is a blackhat SEO tactic that disregards your website’s data in order to promote spam content. Someone who engages in referrer spam does not care about ruining your website’s analytical data. They would rather promote their website despite the repercussions and acquire you as a customer by any means necessary. Referrer spam is not a tactic used by legitimate and trustworthy companies and websites.
Referrer spammers typically target your website’s data for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
Adtiger.tk Google Analytics referrer spam can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. It can affect most of the data in your reports with fake web traffic and data. For example, adtiger.tk referrals will appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same website, which will create a 100% bounce rate. If your website is targeted by referrer spammers you may not be able to identify your website’s bounce rate. The same can be said about other data measured in most Google Analytics reports.
What is adtiger.tk?
Adtiger.tk is a referrer spam URL used to promote an advertisement platform called GetSpread.IT. The webiste contains a header that says “Your free ad on any website up to 1000 displays for free.” The website and tactics used are similar to other disreputable advertisement platforms including propellerads.com.
Adtiger.tk WHOIS information
Organisation: BV Dot TK Dot TK administrator P.O. Box 11774 1001 GT Amsterdam Netherlands Phone: +31 20 5315725 Fax: +31 20 5315725
Adtiger.tk Technical Information
NS1.AZ.PL NS2.AZ.PL NS3.AZ.PL
How to block adtiger.tk referral spam in Google Analytics
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab. Click All Filters on the left side.
2. Click the + ADD FILTER button to create a new filter.
3. Add adtiger.tk or something else that you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type from the two options.
5. In Filter Field Field select Campaign Source.
6. In the Filter Pattern box, add adtiger.tk and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | adtiger.tk