How to remove Ads by JOJO (Virus Removal Guide)
Ads by JOJO virus
If your computer is infected with adware you may notice pop-up advertisements that say Ads by JOJO on them. JOJO is a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) that generates advertisements on Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer. Ads by JOJO uses aggressive marketing techniques to infiltrate a Windows Operating System and attach to Internet Browsers as a browser helper object (BHO), add-on and extension.
Once Ads by JOJO malware is installed onto a computer, a user will experience many different forms of pop-up advertisements. This program collects user information in order to display targeted adverts.
If Ads by JOJO software is installed, a user will notice pop-under advertisements that take up an entire browser window or browser tab, generic banner and skyscraper advertisements, in-text ads that pop-up when a user hovers over hyperlinked text, and/or pop-up advertisements that appear when a user hovers over images with their mouse pointer.
The Ads by JOJO adware application bundles with third-party freeware and shareware distributed by websites such as download.com and can also be found in adverts, torrents, and other items on media related websites similar to thepiratebay.
Users are sometimes given the opportunity to accept or decline an offer to install Ads by JOJO software and other items during the setup process of third-party software; However, the request to decline the offer is often ignored or presented in a very confusing manner.
In reality, this is JOJO is not technically a computer virus and there is no realistic “Ads by JOJO” program in existence. There never has been. The image used above on this page was created using Adobe PhotoShop as an example and may not be used by any third-parties without written consent of the respective owners.
How to remove Ads by JOJO
- Option 1: Ads by JOJO Removal Software & Tools – This first option details how to remove Ads by JOJO malware using the free or full versions of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software and/or CCleaner by Piriform.
- Option 2: Manually remove Ads by JOJO – This second option details how to manually uninstall Ads by JOJO and remove unwanted browser attachments
- For Tech Support – Call 1-888-986-8411 and they will kindly assist you with removing this computer infection.
1. Ads by JOJO Removal Software & Tools
Use the instructions below to automatically remove Ads by JOJO and third-party malware, as well as automatically remove unwanted search engines from your installed internet browsers.
1. We highly recommend writing down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues or problems while following the instructions. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
if you need help give us a call
2. Install the free or purchase the full version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
3. Once Malwarebytes is installed, run the program and update the database if needed.
4. On the Dashboard click the large green Scan Now button.
5. Once the malware scan is complete, Malwarebytes may state that potential malware or malware was detected. Click the Apply All Action button.
6. If files were quarantined, visit the History section and remove all files in the Quarantine selection.
CCleaner can be used to automatically repair internet browser settings startup up settings, and uninstall Ads by JOJO adware and associated third-party software.
1. Install the free or paid version of CCleaner by Piriform.
2. Once installed, open the program and navigate to Cleaner > Windows/Applications and click the Analyze button. Afterwards, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Next, navigate to Tools > Startup and search through each tab starting from windows, internet explorer, etc., all the way to Content Menu, for additional suspicious entries and click Disable and Delete once anything is found.
4. To automatically uninstall Ads by JOJO and other unwanted programs, navigate to the Uninstall tab and search for Ads by JOJO, etc. in the list of installed programs. Uninstall the unwanted software as selected by clicking the Run Uninstaller button.
2. Manually Remove Ads by JOJO
Use the instructions below to manually uninstall Ads by JOJO adware from Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
How to uninstall Ads by JOJO
1. Access Windows Start Menu and navigate to the Control Panel (on Windows 8, right click the bottom left corner to access the Windows 8 Start Menu).
2. Click Uninstall a program or Add and remove a program.
3. In the list of installed programs search for Ads by JOJO and other potentially unwanted software. Once the adware program is located, double click the unwanted program(s) or highlight them in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Ads by JOJO add-ons and extensions
Use the instructions below to remove Ads by JOJO add-ons and extensions from Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It may be necessary to remove third-party browser attachments.
1. Click on the Customize icon (wrench or 3 bar icon) next to the address bar and navigate to Tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Ads by JOJO extension and remove it by clicking the trashcan icon next to it.
1. Type Ctrl+Shift+A.
2. On the Extensions and Plugin search for the Ads by JOJO add-on and remove it.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Click Tools and select Manage add-ons.
2. On the Toolbars and Extensions tab search for the Ads by JOJO add-on and remove it if located.