How to remove ADClick (Virus Removal Guide)
ADClick virus is very aggressive adware that is automatically distributed by deceptive and malicious software bundlers without user knowledge. ADClick adware will additionally download and install alongside other malicious programs.
Once ADClick is installed it will display pop-up and in-text advertisements on the webpages you visit in your browser and on Windows desktop. ADClick ads can usually be identified by text on them that say “Ads By ADClick” on the bottom corner or just “ADClick” at the top. The advertisements can also take up your entire display and be difficult to suspend.
One of the main issues with this adware aside from continuous pop-up advertisements is that it will always arrive on an infected machine alongside malware and other unwanted programs. This can put your personal information and computer functionality at risk. During our research of this adware we found that it bundled with over 3,000 malicious files. The malware that this adware bundled with caused our test machine to become restricted and would present us with a black screen when we would attempt to reach Windows desktop.
ADClick Distribution Method
ADClick bundles with other programs and files that are downloaded from a questionable source. Downloading objects online including freeware and torrent files can result in potentially unwanted programs infecting the computer system. Even if a program is well known and trustworthy, if you download it from a malicious site it can lead to a computer infection.
If the computer user has previously downloaded a malicious program or file, ADClick adware might have automatically downloaded in the background without disclosure. The user might also be tricked into accepting the download under the guise of a program update or something else. This adware is usually spread via malicious software bundlers that utilize fake Windows notifications. Some fake Windows notifications take up the entire screen and claim that a software release pack is available to download. In other instances ADClick or a program used to spread the adware may be advertised as an extension to improve the user’s browsing experience in order to encourage a direct download. Regardless of how the system was infected, removal remains relatively unchanged.
How to remove ADClick (Virus Removal Guide)
- Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
- Scan your computer with HitmanPro
- Uninstall ADClick and unwanted programs
- Remove unwanted add-ons and extensions
- Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
1. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
2. Open Malwarebytes and click the Scan Now button – or go to the Scan tab and click the Start Scan button.
3. Once the Malwarebytes scan is complete click the Remove Selected button.
4. To finish the Malwarebytes scan and remove detected threats click the Finish button and restart your computer if promoted to do so.
2. Scan your computer with HitmanPro
2. Open HitmanPro and click Next to start scanning your computer. *If you are using the free version you may chose to create a copy or perform a one-time scan.
3. Once the HitmanPro scan is complete click the Next button.
4. To activate the free version of HitmanPro: enter your email address twice and click the Activate button.
5. Click the Reboot button.
3. Uninstall ADClick and unwanted programs
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. In the Programs section click Uninstall a program. In earlier versions of Windows this is listed as “Add and remove programs.”
3. Search for ADClick in the list of installed programs and double click it to initiate the manual uninstall process.
4. Once you have uninstalled ADClick, search for other unwanted programs that may be installed on your computer and uninstall them as well.
4. Remove unwanted add-ons and extension
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
1. Go to Tools (Alt+X) and click Manage add-ons.
2. Search for the unwanted add-on in the list, select it with your mouse, and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the unwanted extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
5. Cleanup and repair settings with CCleaner
2. Open CCleaner and go to the main Cleaner screen. Click the Analyze button. When the process is complete, click the Run Cleaner button on the bottom right of the program interface.
3. Go to Tools > Startup and search for suspicious entries in each tab starting from Windows all the way to Content Menu. If you find anything suspicious click it and click the Delete button to remove it.
4. Go to the Registry window and click the Scan for Issues button. When the scan is complete click the Fix selected issues… button and click Fix All Selected Issues.