How to remove AdBlockerPremium (Virus Removal Guide)
AdBlockerPremium (also found as AdBlockerPremium virus) is a deceptive and dubious advertisement-blocker application that reputable Antivirus and Anti-Malware programs have included in the adware category of generic computer threats. AdBlockerPremium is known to infiltrate a computer system and affected internet browsers without your consent or knowledge. Once AdBlockerPremium adware has entered your machine it will access and gather your personal user browsing data, transform existing internet browser settings (including the homepage, default search engine, and browser shortcut), and will ultimately inject the webpages you visit with ‘targeted’ pop-up advertisements.
AdBlockerPremium adware generates deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. The ads it displays are known as ‘targeted’ ads because they need to use your browsing information such as your browser history and bookmarks to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware essentially ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
AdBlockerPremium adware is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove AdBlockerPremium if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
What is AdBlockerPremium?
AdBlockerPremium (AdBlocker Premium, Ad Blocker Premium) is promoted as “a free ad blocking software which protects you while surfing the web, and block ads of different kinds including banners, pop-up and video ads.”
[fancy_box title=”AdBlockerPremium overview”]
- AdBlockerPremium bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- AdBlockerPremium is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- AdBlockerPremium injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- AdBlockerPremium makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove AdBlockerPremium (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove AdBlockerPremium with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove AdBlockerPremium
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove AdBlockerPremium with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.Download “AdBlockerPremium” removal tool
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing AdBlockerPremium we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove AdBlockerPremium.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove AdBlockerPremium
How to uninstall AdBlockerPremium
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for AdBlockerPremium in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click AdBlockerPremium to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find AdBlockerPremium in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove AdBlockerPremium below.[/note]
How to remove AdBlockerPremium add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the AdBlockerPremium extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the AdBlockerPremium add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the AdBlockerPremium extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find AdBlockerPremium in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove AdBlockerPremium below.[/note]
Tips to remove AdBlockerPremium
- If you do not find AdBlockerPremium in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing AdBlockerPremium you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411