How to remove 4Shared (Virus Removal Steps)
4Shared virus is a term commonly used to describe a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and family of adware. One variant of this adware is titled Save to 4Shared. This adware platform is primarily used to access a computer without user knowledge, collect user browsing data, and inject the webpages you visit with advertisements. Ads by 4Shared arrive in different forms. 4Shared ads can be delivered as generic banner and skyscrapers, in-text ads, pop-up ads, and pop-under ads. Ads by 4Shared are also served across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Apple Safari.
The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove 4Shared and similar programs if you find them installed on your computer system or attached to your internet browser as an add-on or extension.
[fancy_box title=”4Shared overview”]
- The 4Shared extension can read and change all your data on the websites you visit and read and change your browsing history.
- The 4Shared extension can manage your apps, extensions, downloads, and themes.
- 4Shared bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- 4Shared is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- 4Shared injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- 4Shared makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
How to remove 4Shared (Removal)
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove 4Shared with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove 4Shared
- Option 3: Call Tech Support 1-888-986-8411
Option 1: Automatically remove 4Shared with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems you may face.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “4Shared” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing 4Shared we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove 4Shared.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove 4Shared
How to uninstall 4Shared
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for 4Shared in the list of installed programs and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click 4Shared to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find 4Shared in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove 4Shared below.[/note]
How to remove 4Shared add-ons and extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the 4Shared extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the 4Shared add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the 4Shared extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find 4Shared in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove 4Shared below.[/note]
Tips to remove 4Shared
- If you do not find 4Shared in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing 4Shared you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.
- If you need help our tech support team is standing by 24 hours a day. You can reach tech support at: 1-888-986-8411