24×7-server-support.site referral spam
24×7-server-support.site is a referrer spam URL that is designed to mix fraudulent referral traffic data into your Google Analytics reports. If you visit 24×7-server-support.site in your web browser you will be forwarded to a different website, including sugabit.net and itsyndicate.org.
If you notice 24×7-server-support.site referral spam in Google Analytics it does not mean that anyone was referred to your website from the website. 24×7-server-support.site referral traffic does not actually land on your website. It is a type of web traffic known as ghost traffic that creates phantom web hits in your Google Analytics data.
The reason why 24×7-server-support.site is referrer spamming your website’s Google Analytics data is to desperately gain your attention and persuade you to visit the URL in your browser. The website that 24×7-server-support.site forwards to an affiliated advertising network on the sugabit.net domain and then to another affiliated website that placed a bid on the adverting network, such as itsyndicate.org.
The websites this spam URL forwards to may seem safe to use; However, it is not recommended to trust spammers and websites that engage in referrer spam. Referrer spam is a blackhat SEO tactic that disregards your website’s data in order to promote spammy content. A party that engages in the referrer spam tactic and targets your website with spam does not care about ruining your website’s analytical data. The spammers would rather promote their website despite the repercussions and acquire you as a customer by any means necessary, even if it causes problems for you. Referrer spam is not a tactic used by legitimate and trustworthy companies and websites.
Referrer spammers typically target your website’s data for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
24×7-server-support.site Google Analytics referrer spam can ruin your website’s analytical data measured by Google Analytics. It can affect most of the data in your reports with fake web traffic and data. For example, 24×7-server-support.site referrals will appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same website, which will create a 100% bounce rate. If your website is targeted by referrer spammers you may not be able to identify your website’s bounce rate. The same can be said about other data measured in most Google Analytics reports.
How to block 24×7-server-support.site referrer spam
Stop 24×7-server-support.site referral spam in Google Analytics by creating an exclude filter to block 24×7-server-support.site referrer spam at the campaign source. This is the method recommended by Google to block referrer spam in your Google Analytics account.
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab> Cick Filters on the right side in the VIEW section.
2. Click the + ADD FILTER button to create a new exclude filter.
3. Add 24×7-server-support.site or something you can easily remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type.
5. In Filter Field, find and select Campaign Source in the list. In the Filter Pattern text box, add 24×7-server-support.site and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: Example.com | Example\.com | 24×7-server-support.site