If you have a jailbroken iPhone you might be regretting it by now. Recently, Apple iPhone accounts have become compromised by new malware called “KeyRaider” that only targets jailbroken iPhones and security company Palo Alto Networks are calling the attack “the largest known Apple account theft caused by malware.”Read More
How to remove NewTabTV plus (Virus Removal Guide)
NewTabTV plus (also searched for as NewTabTV plus virus, NewTabTV virus, orNew Tab TV plus) is a questionable publisher and name of a browser attachment for Google Chrome called NewTabTV plus. The NewTabTV plus browser extension is often promoted by potentially malicious advertising platforms on malicious websites and software bundlers and download managers associated with freeware and dubious files. This means that the NewTabTV plus extension might attach to your internet browser without your consent or knowledge and alongside third-party potentially unwanted programs, adware type programs, and malware.
Once NewTabTV plus has attached to your internet browser it will replace existing internet browser settings including the homepage, new tab, and default search engine. In turn, this causes affected internet browsers to start-up on and redirect to search.newtabtvsearch.com, search.yahoo.com and other websites when you search the web using the browser address bar or omnibox.
What is NewTabTV plus?
Search By NewTabTV plus is self-promoted as a free browser application that allows you to “override the new tab and default search with search.newtabtvsearch.com and easily search your favorite media sites.”
Aside from causing browser redirects to search.newtabtvsearch.com, search.yahoo.com, and other websites, the NewTabTV plus extension and adware it may bundle with or be promoted alongside generate deceptive and intrusive pop-up ads across Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, and Safari. The ads are defined as ‘targeted’ ads because they use your personal browsing information (including all your data on the websites you visit, browser history, and bookmarks) to produce advertisements it feels you are most likely to click on. The adware basically ‘targets’ you based off your current and past browsing habits.
NewTabTV plus is not technically defined as a computer virus but this application is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove NewTabTV plus if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
How did NewTabTV plus get on my computer?
NewTabTV plus and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. NewTabTV plus is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that NewTabTV plus adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
[fancy_box title=”NewTabTV plus overview”]
- NewTabTV plus bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- NewTabTV plus is usually bundled inside installers and downloaders distributed as dubious torrents or as freeware programs distributed by websites similar to download.com and softonic.com.
- NewTabTV plus injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- NewTabTV plus makes unwanted changes to existing Windows settings and schedules new tasks which allow it to run every time Windows starts and check to see if the program has been disabled. If the program is disabled it will enable itself.
- The Search By NewTabTV plus extension for Google Chrome can change your search settings to: search.newtabtvsearch.com.
How to remove NewTabTV plus virus
[list style=”pointer” color=”red”]
- Option 1: Automatically remove NewTabTV plus virus with Malwarebytes
- Option 2: Manually remove NewTabTV plus
- Option 3: Call Tech Support at 1-866-521-2427
Option 1: Automatically remove NewTabTV plus virus with Malwarebytes
1. We recommend that you write down the toll free number below in case you run into any issues while removing this infection. Our techs will kindly assist you with any problems.
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download “NewTabTV plus” removal tool[/button]
3. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
4. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
5. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
6. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
[note align=”left”]If you are still having issues removing NewTabTV plus we suggest that use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3 to locate and remove any computer infection that may be present. You may also proceed to option 2 below and view our additional tips to remove NewTabTV plus.[/note]
Option 2: Manually remove NewTabTV plus
How to uninstall NewTabTV plus
1. Open Windows Start Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for NewTabTV plus or other unwanted programs in the list and select it with your mouse, then click Uninstall. You can also double click NewTabTV plus or whichever program you want to remove to uninstall it.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find NewTabTV plus in your list of installed program you may need to uninstall additional programs that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove NewTabTV plus below.[/note]
How to remove NewTabTV plus Start and Search By NewTabTV plus extensions
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewTabTV plus Start and Search By NewTabTV plus extensions in the list and click the trashcan icon next to each one.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the NewTabTV plus Start and Search By NewTabTV plus add-ons and click Remove next to each one.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the NewTabTV plus Start and Search By NewTabTV plus extensions in the list and click the Uninstall button next to each one.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find NewTabTV plus Start or Search By NewTabTV plus extensions in your list of add-ons and extensions you may need to remove additional attachments that may have bundled with it. You can view our additional tips to remove NewTabTV plus below.[/note]
NewTabTV plus virus removal tips
- If you do not find NewTabTV plus in your list of installed programs you may need to uninstall additional programs. Additional programs may include suspicious titles that may have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection.
- If you are still having issues removing NewTabTV plus you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.