Securor Browser by Apps City Limited (also searched for as Securor virus) is a adware type potentially unwanted program, or PUP for short, which changes your existing browser settings and injects the webpages you visit online with pop-up and in-text advertisements. Ads displayed by this adware will usually contain text somewhere on them that says something like Ads by Securor Browser or brought by Securor Browser. The advertisements can be served by the adware across multiple internet browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Edge, and Apple Safari.
What is Securor Browser?
Securor Browser is promoted as an alternative internet browser. It uses the open source Chromium platform provided by Google. There are many alternative internet browsers that run on the Chromium engine, including PlayFree Browser and Baboom.
Securor Browser by Apps City Limited changes your existing internet browser settings of internet browsers currently installed on your PC. It modifies the homepage (start-page), new tab settings, and default search engine. In turn, internet browsers will start-up on and redirect to sponsored webpages. The program can also remove your existing browser extensions, change your browser themes, and modify your browser bookmarks and history.
Furthermore, this program and programs associated with it display ‘targeted’ style advertisements that may violate your privacy. Target ads can only be generated of the adware has access to your personal browsing data including what you search for online, your bookmarks, and browser history.
The Securor Browser virus is not technically defined as a computer virus but this adware is still a threat to your privacy and can be the sign of a severe malware infection. The internet security community strongly recommends that you remove Securor Browser if you find it installed on your machine or attached to your internet browser as a browser add-on or extension and use reputable Antivirus or Anti-Malware software to eradicate any existing malicious files.
Securor Browser and programs like it are usually contracted without knowledge. Securor Browser is often bundled inside third-party software downloaders and bundlers. It may arrive on a computer system once other programs have been introduced to the machine. Software that Securor Browser adware may bundle with includes freeware, shareware, and dubious torrent files.
- Securor Browser typically bundles with other potentially unwanted programs and malware.
- Securor Browser is often promoted by or introduced to a computer through third-party freeware installers, download managers, and dubious torrent files.
- Securor Browser injects visited webpages with pop-up and in-text advertisements.
- Securor Browser changes existing Windows and internet browser settings and schedules new tasks allowing the adware to run every time Windows starts.
- Securor Browser and browser extensions associated with it have permission to read and change all your data on the websites you visit.
- Securor Browser and browser extensions associated with it can communicate with cooperating websites and applications.
This is a comprehensive Securor Browser removal guide to help you remove “Securor Browser virus” from your PC and get rid of ads and browser redirects by Securor Browser. Follow the instructions on this page to get rid of this adware and other potential threats that may have been introduced to your computer.
How to remove Securor Browser (Virus Removal Guide)
- How to uninstall Securor Browser
- How to remove Securor Browser with Malwarebytes
- Securor Browser removal tips
How to uninstall Securor Browser
1. Open Windows Start/Task Menu and go to the Control Panel.
2. Click Uninstall a program (or Add and remove program) in the Programs section.
3. Search for Securor Browser by Apps City Limited and a program called “Chromium” in the list of installed programs. Select the program you want to remove with your mouse and click Uninstall. You can also double click Securor Browser and other programs you find in the list to uninstall them.
[note align=”left”]If you do not find Securor Browser by Apps City Limited in your list of installed program but still experience ads by Securor Browser when you browse the web you may need to uninstall additional third-party programs from your computer and remove browser attachments from each installed internet browser.[/note]
1. Click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon and go to More tools > Extensions.
2. Search for the Securor Browser extension in the list and click the trashcan icon.
1. Open the Menu and click Add-ons.
2. Search for the Securor Browser add-on and click Remove.
1. Go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions.
2. Search for the Securor Browser extension in the list and click the Uninstall button.
How to remove Securor Browser with Malwarebytes
1. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
[button link=”https://store.malwarebytes.org/342/cookie?affiliate=23046&redirectto=http%3a%2f%2fdownloads.malwarebytes.org%2ffile%2fmbam%2f&redirecthash=79CD12ECAB939D32967B5D05C6C86E32″ align=”center” bgcolor=”#ff0000″ hoverbgcolor=”#c71414″ hovertextcolor=”#ffffff” textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”large” style=”flat” fullwidth=”false”]Download Malwarebytes[/button]
2. Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software once it has finished installing.
3. Make sure that Malwarebytes has been updated. To ensure it is updated click Update Now on the Dashboard.
4. Click the large Scan Now button on the dashboard to perform a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software.
5. When the scan is complete click the Remove Selected button and then click the Finish button or restart your computer if Malwarebytes suggests that you do so.
Securor Browser removal tips
- If you do not find Securor Browser in your list of installed programs or browser attachments you may need to uninstall additional programs and remove additional browser add-ons and extensions. Additional programs and browser attachments may include suspicious titles that might have been contracted around the same time or after the initial infection. If you do not recognize a browser extension – remove it!
- If you are still having issues removing Securor Browser you should use a second opinion scanner such as HitmanPro 3. HitmanPro 3 is the best second opinion scan and removal tool. It can be used to locate and remove remaining threats.