Block яндех-херня.рф referral spam in Google Analytics
If you notice яндех-херня.рф referral traffic in your Google Analytics data it means that your Google Analytics account is getting spammed. It is a type of spam known as referrer spam. The яндех-херня.рф url is used by spammers to mix faux data into your Google Analytics reports. яндех-херня.рф referral traffic does not actually land on your website, but instead will fill-up data into your Analytics reports and is shown as a referrer.
яндех-херня.рф referral spam in Google Analytics is typically harmless to your website and the way it appears in search results pages; However, fake яндех-херня.рф referral traffic can junk-up your Google Analytics data which can render some statistics useless. If яндех-херня.рф referral spam appears in your Google Analytics reports you will want to block it using an exclude filter. An exclude filter is the recommended method by Google to block fake data from spammy sources.
As previously mentioned, яндех-херня.рф referral spam in Google Analytics can cause issues with your website’s statistics measured in various Analytics reports. An example of this is the bounce rate. The referrer spam url will usually appear to land on a single webpage on your website and leave from the same webpage, creating a 100% bounce rate. If the referrer spam url targets your account numerous times your bounce rate percentage measured by Google Analytics can sky rocket.
The reason why яндех-херня.рф is spamming your website’s Google Analytics data is to get your attention and persuade you to visit the URL in your browser. The URL will direct you to http://xn—-gtbdb0beu1bb8gj.xn--p1ai/.
Referrer spammers typically target your website’s data for several reasons:
- Referrer spammers want to promote a website and want you to visit the webpage or search for it online through Google search engine results pages.
- Referrer spammers want to boost their rank on Google search engine results pages by creating backlinks. They do this by logging requests into your website’s access log, which is then crawled by Google’s indexing bots and seen as a backlink to the spam site.
The party behind the яндех-херня.рф referrer spam website is a well known spammer and has many websites that engage in the blackhat SEO tactic.
яндех-херня.рф WHOIS information
inetnum: 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206 netname: RU-HT-SYSTEMS-BIS descr: Hosting Telesystems network country: RU admin-c: AVL8888-RIPE admin-c: RE3421-RIPE tech-c: AVL8888-RIPE tech-c: RE3421-RIPE status: ASSIGNED PA mnt-by: HT-SYSTEMS-MNT-RIPE mnt-lower: HT-SYSTEMS-MNT-RIPE remarks: INFRA-AW created: 2009-03-08T21:50:11Z last-modified: 2015-07-06T17:51:12Z source: RIPE person: Alexander Lavrenov address: Pavlovskaya st. 27/29 phone: +74953633310 nic-hdl: AVL8888-RIPE mnt-by: HT-SYSTEMS-MNT-RIPE created: 2015-05-27T12:42:22Z last-modified: 2015-05-27T12:53:54Z source: RIPE # Filtered person: Oleg Sinitsyn address: 115093, Russia, Moscow, Pavlovskaya 27/29 phone: +74953633310 nic-hdl: RE3421-RIPE mnt-by: HT-SYSTEMS-MNT-RIPE created: 2015-07-06T16:43:29Z last-modified: 2015-07-06T16:44:08Z source: RIPE # Filtered route: 220.127.116.11/20 descr: JSC Hosting Telesystems route object origin: AS31240 mnt-by: HT-SYSTEMS-MNT-RIPE created: 2007-08-13T07:45:34Z last-modified: 2007-08-13T07:45:34Z source: RIPE
How to block яндех-херня.рф referral spam in Google Analytics
1. Open your Google Analytics account and go to the Admin tab. Click All Filters on the left side.
2. Click the + ADD FILTER button to create a new filter.
3. Add яндех-херня.рф or something else that you can remember as the Filter Name.
4. Select the Custom Filter Type from the two options.
5. In Filter Field Field select Campaign Source.
6. In the Filter Pattern box, add яндех-херня.рф and click the blue Save button on the bottom of the webpage. To add multiple URLs to the same filter you can make a Filter Pattern similar to this with a | between each URL: example.com | яндех-херня.рф